Some of the many attractions and activities offered by our location-based region:
- La Bastide of Monsegur 3 km: The hall and the local market every Friday, restaurants, bistros and typical jazz festival “Swing” the first weekend of July.
- The Chateau des Ducs de Duras and its typical village 10 kilometers from “la Cigogne” (flea market).
- The medieval abbey of St. Ferme 7 kms (visit and concerts).
- The fortified mills of Bagas, Loubens, the castles of Guilleragues and Roquebrune about 8 kms.
- The medieval town of La Réole, along the Garonne (Cathedral, Castle and Old Town Hall from the 13th century, Saturday market) is 15 minutes by car from La Cigogne.
Tasting and visiting vineyard properties around La Cigogne.
The vineyards of Sauternes is 40 minutes, by the way, you can visit the medieval village of St Macaire (30 minutes).
Saint-Emilion is only 35 km: this is a must see destination …
The city of Bordeaux, declared World Heritage by UNESCO, is an hour by motorway La Cigogne but requires a minimum day visit.
Etc… Documentation, maps, guides are available in the summer lounge.