Some of the many attractions and activities offered by our location-based region:
- La Bastide of Monsegur 3 km: The hall and the local market every Friday, restaurants, bistros and typical jazz festival “Swing” the first weekend of July.
- The Chateau des Ducs de Duras and its typical village 10 kilometers from “la Cigogne” (flea market).
- The medieval abbey of St. Ferme 7 kms (visit and concerts).
- The fortified mills of Bagas, Loubens, the castles of Guilleragues and Roquebrune about 8 kms.
- The medieval town of La Réole, along the Garonne (Cathedral, Castle and Old Town Hall from the 13th century, Saturday market) is 15 minutes by car from La Cigogne.
Tasting and visiting vineyard properties around La Cigogne.
The vineyards of Sauternes is 40 minutes, by the way, you can visit the medieval village of St Macaire (30 minutes).
Saint-Emilion is only 35 km: this is a must see destination …
The city of Bordeaux, declared World Heritage by UNESCO, is an hour by motorway La Cigogne but requires a minimum day visit.
Etc… Documentation, maps, guides are available in the summer lounge.
First the “lazy”, reading, daydreaming …
On your private terrace in a deck chair,
In the summer lounge (music, TV, library) when searching the freshness of the old walls,
In the winter lounge by the fire,
In the park, along the washhouse …
And when it’s warm, nothing like a swim in the old wash house furnished with filtration and pressurized water fountain for toning massages.
Why not a set of Russian billiards (variant of French billiards and ancestor of pinball, strategic game).
Many hiking trails on foot or by bike are available around La Cigogne: small roads, paths through the vineyards and fields.
On site, there’s a closed room to house your bikes.
In the late afternoon, an introduction to golf will be offered (for free) by Yves, a former national player, who will show you the basics of the sport / leisure.
A play area for golf, petanque, croquet is located down in the park.